Safety is vital to Aurizon; we know that to achieve operational performance and to maintain our social licence to operate, we must ensure the safety of our employees, our contractors, and our communities.
Our safety value “We know safe, we choose safe” reinforces the personal commitment our people make to delivery safely each and every day.
As part of our commitment to safety, we continue to embed a learning culture to ensure risks and hazards are mitigated and safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
To support the ongoing development of our strong safety culture, contractors working for Aurizon must register and maintain the compliance of their workers in the online Aurizon Rail Safety Worker Portal.
The system is managed on behalf of Aurizon by Pegasus, workforce management software and safety experts.
HOW DOES THE SYSTEM WORK?
Contractors register their workers in the Aurizon Rail Safety Worker Portal prove their compliance to work for Aurizon.
The process is completed in an online portal by an administrator representing each business. The entire process is detailed on the How to Register page, and is outlined below:
- Create an account for your business
- Create profiles for your workers
- Have their ID checked via the portal
- Select their work roles
- Upload their documents (qualifications and certificates)
Compliant and inducted workers are issued with access ID cards linked to their online profile – their passport to work for Aurizon.
Pegasus connects a competent workforce. They manage the Aurizon Rail Safety Worker Portal on behalf of Aurizon.
Forged in deep industrial expertise, our software was first developed in 1998 to keep Australian workers safe on site.
Our commitment to workplace safety was as uncompromising then as it is now. The complete Pegasus workforce management solution:
- provides immediate access to data on contractors
- manages all training and inductions
- administers contractor and supplier compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers involved in a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of contractors
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract